AO: Murph City
Number of Pax: 47
Pax Names: Binks, Blowpop, Boondock, BoSox, Butterfly, Coco, Copper, E-tool, Edibles, Eggplant, Farm Country, G.I. Joe, GoDaddy, Grimace, Gut Check, Happy Ending, Husstler, Jackalope, Juilliard, Lexi, Little Sebastian, Mansplain, Meter Maid, Mouth-2-Mouth, Nano, Narco, Nightshade, Nomad, Nutmeg, Oracle, P-body, Rojas, Saluki, Scotchguard, Sega, Small World, Sooorie, Steeplechase, Sting, Sundance, Swing Line,
Number of FNGS: 2
FNG Names: EJ James - Named Roblox (age 9, Scotchguards 2.0 and Lyla Raye - named Bounce (age 7, Scotchguards 2.0
QIC: Oracle, Scotchguard, Coco, and Help from Many PAX
MURPH WOD – Why We do it?
Meaningful rituals are few and far between in the fitness world, but THE MURPH WOD, performed on Memorial Day is done by 10’s of Thousands of athletes across the world. It’s a grueling ordeal.
We don’t do it for ourselves, we do it to honor and remember the men and women of the armed forces that have lost their lives, giving us our freedom. Lieutenant Michael Murphy (the WOD’s namesake and creator) is a bad-ass SEAL who was killed in action in Afghanistan on June 28, 2005, at age 29. Lieutenant Murphy did what we now call “THE MURPH” on the regular, ensuring his fitness was up to task in giving us Freedom.
Pax not on Slack, but gave their all today: @Abraham, @Chalk-Bag, @PegLeg, @Chicken Fight
Back-to-Back MURPH WOD’s at 6am and 7am.
While THE MURPH is grueling, The Thing is simple:
- 1 mile run
- 100 pull-ups
- 200 merkins
- 300 air squats
- 1 mile run
- *20LB weighted Vest being the legit MURPH; but most of us mere mortals don’t vest up; some studs did today
Pax of F3 Cherokee, we had 47 HIM’s do THE MURPH today at #Murph City across our 6am & 7am convergence times. F3 Cherokee had 4 AO’s across Cherokee County also doing THE MURPH.
Total F3C HIM’s who MURPH’ed Today – 91 Pax….let that sink in
- Not with pride….with Honor we have this F3 community that is serving the man to his left and right, who is posting for his brothers, and a community of size grateful for our freedom, grateful for those who have gifted it to us, honoring our service men and woman that have given their lives for ours.
Many of you did THE MURPH for the first time today. Some of you set PR’s. Some finished THE MURPH, 20lb weighted vest in under 45 mins! Some modified just so you could be part of giving honor to the fallen. And, All of YOU busted your ass this morning!
Honoring the Fallen:
@#Murph-City, we honor a Fallen Soldier each week rather than The SIX:
6:00 AM Soldier Honored: Lieutenant (SEAL) Michael Murphy:
- War in Afghanistan: Medal of Honor Recipient; 1st recipient of this honor since Vietnam
- Also recognized: Purple Heart, Silver Star Medal
- DOB: 5/7/1976. DOD: 7/28/2005. Age 29
- Murphy and his team’s mission was extraction of another Seal Team. As he cleared the way for escape, he was under fire and shot 14 times. He managed to reach the satellite phone after calling for reinforcements. He finished the call with a “Thank You” and continued to return fire on his attackers.
- Murphy knowingly walked into open fire, clearing the say to save the lives of his men, and radio call for support.
7:00 AM Soldier Honored: Staff Sgt. Salvador J. Lara:
- WW II: Medal of Honor Recipient, Purple Heart Recipient, Bronze Star Medal, and many other medals for his valar
- DOB: 7/11/1920. DOD: 9/1/1945. Age 25
- Recognized for his valorous actions in valorous actions in Aprilia, Italy
- He aggressively led his rifle squad in neutralizing multiple enemy strong points and inflicting large numbers of casualties on the enemy.
- The next morning, as his company resumed the attack, Staff Sgt. Lara sustained a severe leg wound, but did not stop to receive first aid.
- He continued his exemplary performance, continued to take shots, while also inflicting large casualties on the enemy attack.
- Slab/WarTown Convergence – June 11 – Fund Raiser to support Glenn Carver’s battle with Cancer – Link Here for additional Information
- Roamin’ Rome Ruck – 50mile, 25mile, 10mile – 7/29-7/30, Info Here Link Here for Additional Information
- Prayers for all of our Service Men of F3 Cherokee and their service to our country
- Prayers for all the Service Men and Woman who have given their lives, gifting us our Freedom.
- Prayer of gratitude for their service, and grief for their families that have lost them.
- @Steeplechase – his Senior Pastor Jeff has suffered a long battle with cancer and learned this morning his Pastor was passing today, within hours of our time in the COT going to his home in heaven. Prayers for peace and healing of his loved ones.