It was finally feeling like Fall as the PAX gathered in a south side Black Ops site (soon to be known as The Colosseum). Cool temps and a steady breeze had everyone ready to do some work. Unlike AO’s who shall not be named here, The Colosseum had the shovel flag ready (but shrouded in Black Ops secrecy until the official launch on 09/30).
YHC kicked off the tunes at 5:30 sharp (as all other PAX started asking at 5:29 when this 5:30 workout was going to start) and moseyed over to another parking lot for the Warm-o-Rama.
- Sun gods (along with @Gut Check commentary about how this shouldn’t really be called an exercise)
- A little Michael Phelps as @High Dive clearly explained the “Tommy & Jack sequence” in a way that all PAX immediately understood and never had any questions about during the entire workout. Also, YHC offered a reward for any PAX who figured out why it was called the “Tommy & Jack sequence”, but it was so immediately obvious that everyone got it at the same time and it was impossible to reward one PAX.
PAX paired up (One “Tommy” and one “Jack”) at one of 8 stations setup in the parking lot. Each pair of PAX spent 5 mins at each station, then rotated to the next.
At each station, one PAX either ran or bear crawled (it alternated at each station) ~20 yards and then performed the exercise written on the dope F3 stationary firmly affixed to the pavement at the end of the station, while their partner stayed behind and crushed some core workouts waiting on them to return. When the first PAX returned, they switched – then rinsed and repeated for 5 mins.
- Station 1 – 5 burpees (after running) while one PAX lifted up some Heels to Heaven
- Station 2 – 50 Rocky Balboas (after bear crawls) while one PAX jammed out to the amazing playlist in a Plank
- Station 3 – 5 Circle of Merkins (after running) while one PAX crushed some American Hammers
- Station 4 – 50 Squats (after bear crawls) while one PAX stood strong through some Imperial Walkers
- Station 5 – 5 Merkin Jacks (after running) while one PAX ran out some Mountain Climbers
- Station 6 – 50 SSH (after bear crawls) while one PAX got down with some Freddy Mercury
- Station 7 – 5 4×4’s (after running) while one PAX laid back with some Flutter Kicks
- Station 8 – 50 Bonnie Blair’s (after bear crawls – there was some discussion about how “50” must have been a typo) while one PAX attempted to honor our missing brother @Exile with some can opener crunches
COT: All PAX raved about how awesome the playlist was (apparently the mix of Merle Haggard, Katie Perry, and the Beastie Boys was a magical combination).
- Prayed for a few F3 PAX families: Lexi, Careless Whisperer, Jackalope
- Prayed for those impacted by Hurricane Sally
- Reminded everyone about 3rd F breakfast up north on Friday