Male penguins compete for mates by building nests out of rocks. The biggest and best nest will attract the most mates. This morning, the Pax took this lesson to heart!
Warm-O-Rama – (a.k.a Saluki and Gut Check talk while BandCamp tries to count!) We moseyed half the layer-cake, SSHs (more than 10, less than 100), Weedpickers, Driftweeds (a.k.a Tumbleweeds), and Sun Gods. Moseyed back to the field.
Nest Building – The men compete to build the biggest and best nest. Buckets of rocks wait in the middle of the field. Do 10 reps, travel to the bucket, pick a rock, bring it back to your nest – repeato.
- Travel Methods – Lot’s of bear crawling to the buckets, mosey, mosey backwards, Mario jumps, and more bear crawls.
- Exercises (Usually got through about 3 sets before moving on to the next exercise) – Mike Tysons, Pickle Pointers, Pickle Pounders, Monkey Humpers, Merkins, SSH, BBS, and I’m sure a few I’m forgetting.
- The Twist – Near the end of the beatdown, we counted our rocks. The nests ranged from 23-29 rocks, with our most sexy penguin being Romper Room. The size of your nest was how many burpees you earned! One burpee, drop off a rock, repeat.
- Ring of Fire – Carry the full buckets around the circle. The rest of the Pax held an air chair, planked, and back to air chair.
The Soundtrack – I went a bit different with the music. I think it sufficiently motivated the Pax. Click HERE to listen to that playlist on Spotify.
The Whole Point – It’s crazy what these papa-penguins will do for their ladies. The same should go for us. I can’t say how excited I was to see so many HCs cancel because they had decided to choose their family first. F3 is great, but its point is to help you accelerate in those areas of life that are otherwise stagnant. As soon as F3 gets in the way, it’s time to course correct. Be like the penguin. Brave the cold, work hard, and collect some rocks for your lady-penguin. The analogy breaks down, but you get the point.
COT – Please take some time this week to pray for these men. Also, if the 3rd F stuff is new to you, I’d be glad to meet up for coffee and talk it over with you. No shame, wherever you are in that journey.
- Livingston and his M making decisions about what the future will look like (career/family stuff)
- Slow Burn and his M welcoming their 2.3 by Wednesday.
- Blue Light – Family member with lymphoma
- Snowflake – M’s health
- Scotch Guard – Chloe’s extensive surgery, Grandmother’s sickness as well
- Village People – After trying for a baby (with lots of pickle pounders, I’m sure) his M is Pregnant! Praise God!
It was great Qing the Clinic again. Remember to get creative with your Qs! But most of all, remember to lead your family first. You can’t do that if the foundation isn’t strong. For my money, that foundation is strongest in Christ. Choose Him.