Number of Pax: 12
Pax Names: Barbossa, Blue Light, Couch Potato, E-tool, Lasso, Misc., Oracle, Snow White, Steeplechase, Stopwatch, Surf N Turf, Wax-on,
Number of FNGS: -1
FNG Names: n/a
Fellas, thanks for letting me lead the Clinic this morning. It’s been a minute since I Q’ed regularly and appreciate the Pax Feedback; the Q needs to learn “How to Count” for his next Q.
We started with a short mosey up and down the amphitheater stairs. Circled up and did some Side straddle hopes, Copperhead Merkins, and Weed Pickers.
It’s Merkin May. At the start of the BD, Pax’s were given the power to call out “Merkin May” any time during the BD, requiring Pax to drop and do 10 Merkins. Pax were winded from other activities, so this power was only used about 6 times (60 merkins). After WarmaRama, we circled the round-about at the aquatic center and did Toe Taps on the curb, dropping on Q’s call to deliver 10 Merkins, return to Toe Taps, drop for 10 Merkins, Repeat 5-6 Rounds = 50 Merkins. One Pax reported we did 150 Merkins in Total; so count that towards your 168 Count per Day to reach 5,000 Merkins in May.
We then traveled to the top of the Amphitheater retaining walls:
- 50 Air Squats at the top (touching your Six on retaining wall blocks for a deep squat)
- Travel to bottom of Amphitheater and do 50 Shoulder Taps (2 count)
- Repeat dropping the count by 10 each round (50, 40, 30, etc). Finish with the Six down to 10-count. The Q forgot how to count. Clinic Pax’s kindly offered correction, which was necessary on more than 1 occasion.
We then traveled to the Aquatic Center Parking lot:
- 30 big boys at the top of the hill
- Sprint to the bottom with 50 Flutter Kicks (2 count)
- Bernie Sanders, returning to the top of the parking lot for more Big Boys
- Repeat, dropping the count in increments of 5 (30/50, 25/45, 20/40, etc)
We finished with a Round of Mary on the stage, returning to the flag for the COT and Coffeeteria.
3rd F Breakfast is early this month, May 19, due to the Memorial Day weekend the last week of May.
THE HERO CLIMB is on May 27 come out to Camp Merrill and “carry” a fallen soldier up to the top of the mountain (bike/run/ruck/walk). Rinse and repeat for another HERO as many times as you can from 9am-2pm.
Speed for Need race was re-scheduled for Saturday, 5/6/23. See SFN Channel for more details
Get Involved – leverage Slack and follow Channels designed for Fitness, Fellowship, Faith opportunities outside of Beatdowns. A few Channels to follow – 2ndF, 3rdF, CSUAP, Black-Ops, and multiple others. Engage with Pax outside the gloom to get all that F3 Nation offers pax and gives to the community.
We had the legend, E-Tool, share in the COT as Six Man and he closed with a solid message to the Clinic – “Give us this day, our daily breed…”, reminding us to depend on our Heavenly Father daily – guiding our walk, filling our needs as He see’s fit, and challenging the Pax that we strive daily to be better men. Prayers for ETool with new job and his walk to be better each day, serving others and following our Father.
Chris – (a friend of SteepleChase) shared that Chris’s wife passed away in a car accident this weekend. Prayers for Chris, his kids and family during this time of loss and grief.
- Barbossa’s daughter, Callie, — Leaving Today to pursue a life dream and study abroad in Israel (leaving today); followed by her serving as a camp counselor this summer (another dream of hers; serving the camp she has been served by over the years).
Surf-N-Turf – asked for prayers for a friend that is going through tough time, struggling with poor choices during hardship, and strength for him and his family that God will guard them, give wisdom, and carry them through this time.
Granadino – prayers for this fellow Pax and his family during recent hardship.
Greg – a friend of Wax-On, passed in his sleep recently leaving behind his wife and young kids. Prayers for his family to surround them with support, healing, and their needs will be met.