Quick mosey, side straddle hops, weed pickers, tumble weeds, Michael Phelps, Sun Gods. Line up and Indian run around to the entrance of Etowah high school. Man in back drops, does 5 merkins, and runs to the front. Went to the second Etowah entrance where YHC had conveniently moved the coupons to the bottom.
The Thang: When perusing the Lexicon for BD prep YHC stumbled across a terrible routine “Bears & Blocks” and the idea was born.
Each pax started at the bottom light pole with their Cinder Block between your feet, you pull the cinder block out in front of your head, bear crawl forward until it is back between your feet and repeat.
The routine began, you move your block to the first light pole, 10 burpees, run to the bottom of the hill and run back to your block, 10 burpees, move your block to the second pole, exercises, run to the bottom. On the way back up your stop at each light pole for the exercises
Light pole #1: 10 burpees
Light pole #2: 20 squats
Light pole #3: 30 merkins
Light pole #4: 40 OH Presses w/ coupon
– FNG (Tonka) showed up today and absolutely killed it. This was a brutal first BD but as soon as we got to the COT he was asking where else he could go post.
– Exile continued his utter ridiculousness by not just doing the normal bears & blocks routine but added the additional suck of performing a merkin every time he moved the block. The guy is an absolute beast
– Speaking of absolute beasts, most Pax (including YHC) were not able to complete the full 4 light poles, but Geek Squad smoked it and I am pretty sure he completed the entire circuit twice, ran an additional 12 miles, grabbed breakfast at waffle house, and went home to make his 2.0’s breakfast all in 45 minutes. It was impressive
– Maaco and Brad Pitt were the other pax to complete the circuit and did so without breaking a sweat. I Believe their conversation during the Coffeteria was “man that was a long Warm-O-Rama, when does the BD start”
– I am pretty sure that I saw Brady Bunch taking notes on how to blocks with his signature racoon crawls for his next zoo Q, YHC needs to remember to be “sick” that day
– YHC may not be on the hook for repaving the entrance to Etowah HS as the moving those blocks up that hill left some marks out there.