Mosey up the parking lot, past the tennis courts to circle back around to the first light post where the fun would be begin. In cadence….SSH’s, Wide Pickers, Tumble Weed Pickers, Copperhead Merkins.
The Thang –
- Sprints & Merkins – paired in 2’s. There were 14 Light Posts between the starting line and the gate, each about 50 yards a part. One pax would do Merkins while the other Pax would sprint to the next light post and return in a 100 yard sprint. The Pax Pair would then proceed to the next light post, swap with the other doing merkins while the other Pax sprinted to the following light post and return. Repeat, Repeat for 14 light posts. Once at the gate, plank for the Six. This covered ~1 mile with each Pax having 7 each 100 yard sprints and an estimated 100 merkins. Another half mile run returning to the playground.
- Pull Up’s and Jump Squats – Once at the playground, we rotated 5 pull-ups and 10 jump squats. Repeated for ~15 minutes with, approximatly 100 pull-ups and 200 jump squats.
- Core-of-Mary – we returned to the Shovel Flag to close with 4 mins of Mary, working our core. In cadence, 25 flutter kicks, 25 American Hammers, 1 minute of Super Man. With the warm-a-rama, light post sprints, return to playground, return to the Flag – we got in 2 miles of running (@Saluki being the overacheiver secured ~2.5 miles, requesting of the Q – “permission to run more”. Q “granted”. That was followed by another Pax, requesting “permission for the COT name-a-rama”, Q, “declined”)
- Honored – we gave respects to Navy Seal, Michael Anthony Monsoor, Petty Officer Second Class. He heroically gave his life at age 25 in the Iraq War in 2006. While under attack in a roof top bunker, a grenade landed in the bunker. With no time or exit, Officer Monsoor jumped on the grenade covering it with his body absorbing most of the force of the blast saving the 4 soldiers with him. Michael Monsoor was born April 5th, 1981 in Long Beach, CA and died on September 29th, 2006. He was awarded the Medal of Honor for his heroic actions. PO2 Michael Anthony Monsoor (militaryhallofhonor.com)
- Announcements – Saturday 7/17/21 convergence in Chattanooga CSAUP Fallen Five Ruck and Beatdown. Saturday 7/24/21 – The Crucible CSAUP with 6 beatdowns and 12 miles promised. Thursday 7/15/21 convergence at the Paragon with 4 top shelf Q’s leading a glorious beatdown. Saturday 10/30/21 – F3 Cherokee Adventure Race 8 hours of trecking, biking, paddling, orienteering around Lake Allatoona in teams of 1, 2, or 3.
Sherapova’s M, unsaid prayers, and blessings to every Pax and their walk with the Lord and bettering themself to serve our family and loved one’s.