One week before launch of the new exciting AO…. revving the engine a bit this gloom as this thing gets ready to take off full force next week folks. Murph training AO; Thank goodness for the HIM’s that are planting this tree. YHC was just eating the fruit off the ground today.
Warm-o-rama: mosey for a quarter or so. 10 SSH IC, 10 jump plank-ins IC, 20 SSH IC, 10 jump plank ins IC
pull-up series; 3 reps, then max reps, then 75% of your max reps, then 50% of your max reps, then 25% of your max reps, then max out again. 20 squats in between every pull-up set.
Run a brisk mile
back on the mulch for elbow plank / derkin partner routine. 20 derkins each partner with feet on partners shoulder blades as they hold elbow plank. rinse and repeat.
Hanging knee raise series: 3 reps, then max reps, then 75% of your max reps, then 50% of your max reps, then 25% of your max reps, then max out again. 20 merkins in between every hanging knee set.
Dead hang: hung while we counted off through the pax, multiple rounds getting up to 4 cycles without dropping. Merkins and Squats in between rounds.
COT: honor the fallen, those who still serve, and prayers for our nation. Special shout out/ solider added to the board today: Spec. Derrance Jack of the US Army.
- incorporating hanging, grip strength, and pull-ups into the beatdowns is just sucky fun
- the pax today already showing great strides; I feel the improvement myself
- shout out to Foosball for bringing the pony keg of coffee though he bounced pretty fast. what did he do with the rest of that coffee?
- shout to office party and Waffle Cone for the spot light set-up, important we can see the glutes tighten at top of pull up to ensure proper form
- Shout out to Barbossa for playing flag bearer and running several miles today injured
- Good job Maaco involuntarily accepting the challenge of elbow plank while two sets of legs on his back