YHC rolled in with 70’s rock playlist ready to roll and a fever. And the only prescription was more burpees.
- Quick mosey around the parking lot
- 20 SSH
- 11 Weedpickers (11 was definitely the Q’s intention and not a mistake in counting reps)
- Sun gods
- Michael Phelps
YHC mapped out a 7 of diamonds workout…
Quick recap of “7 of diamonds”: In a parking lot or field, establish four points of a diamond where exercises will be performed.
- 7 rounds of exercises are executed by the PAX.
- Round 1 – PAX perform 7 reps of the first exercise, run to the next corner and perform 7 more reps, run to the third corner and perform 7 more reps, and run to the final corner and perform 7 more reps.
- Round 2 – repeat with 14 reps of a new exercise @ each corner
- Round 3 – repeat with 21 reps of a new exercise @ each corner
- Round 4 – repeat with 28 reps of a new exercise @ each corner
- Round 5 – repeat with 21 reps of a new exercise @ each corner
- Round 6 – repeat with 14 reps of a new exercise @ each corner
- Round 7 – repeat with 7 reps of a new exercise @ each corner
For this iteration the routine was:
- 7 Burpees
- 14 Heels to heavens
- 21 Merkins
- 28 Squats
- 21 Big Boy Situps
- 14 Bonnie Blairs
- 7 4×4’s (It’s possible YHC didn’t do the math on total number or merkins and in the middle of this round realized we were on the hook for 196 total Merkins. Otherwise, @Maaco might have received a special invite.)
THE TWIST! Every time a new song began to play from our 70’s rock set list, all PAX dropped down for 5 more burpees (9 song changes meant 45 more burpees + the 28 that were scheduled for the 7 of diamonds workout). In case you’re wondering, no matter where the PAX were in the 7 of Diamonds routine, the burpees sucked…
Great time of sharing, prayer, and coffeeteria after the workout wrapped up. @Doughboy did get a little panicked when the playlist accidentally came back on when he thought that meant we were in for some bonus burpees.