Number of Pax: 9
Pax Names: Butterfly, Detention, GoDaddy, Lizard King, Mouth-2-Mouth, Nesquik, Soft Spot, Vanilli,
Number of FNGS: 0
YHC has never even had a mean thought toward Pokie the dog, or his sister Sydney. And yet, Pokie seemed spooked by my presence on Monday and downright disturbed this morning. He jumped back in the car twice at the very sight of me. I considered leaving before the BD began, to give our 4 legged friend room to work out his feelings in a non-triggering space. But the siren song of Q was too strong so off we went on today’s BD.
WOR: Mosey once around the lot, SSH, IW, WP and sungods (oyo)
THANG: each round, run the big loop around the parking lot, up to and around the roundabout and back. each loop had 3 stations and an exercise was performed at each station along the way:
- decline murkins
- overhead claps
- dead lifts
- air presses
We wrapped with 90 seconds of Merry. Each Pax got at least 3.25 miles, which is the kind of mileage that has made the Vineyard Amped famous far and wide.
COT: 6th man GoDaddy went on and on about ice cream and how cute his kid is. We closed with prayers for his time management and for his friend going through a divorce. Coffee and a cameo from M-2-M rounded out the morning.
- Nesquick arrived late but better late than never. He then set a blistering pace on the runs.
- YHC kept us off the ground for the most part, a most magnanimous act of leadership.
- Butterfly continues furiously renovating his house, while simultaneously holding down a job, husbanding/fathering his family and just being an all around badass. YHC was grateful for his mumble chatter and companionship.
- Mouth-2-mouth wowed the crowd with tails of his post-surgical knee flexibility.
- The humidity was oppressive!
- During the COT, YHC and Pokie seemed to reach detente after he (Pokie ) cautiously approached and was rewarded (by YHC) with a double ear rub. All was forgiven.
Even thought it was muggy, grey and wet, it was also an inspiring way to start the day with this fine group of men.