It was a Friday morning at the Armory like no other … OK, actually, it was a Friday morning at the Armory almost exactly like the previous 3 — not too hot, not too cold, not too wet, not too dry. Perfect really.
Sooorie was tossing the frisbee around the parking lot with several of the guys, and then it happened…
Mosey up the hill toward the back parking lot and circle up for a few warm-up exercises:
- Weed pickers
- Copperhead merkins
- Copperhead squats
- Sun gods OYO
- Michael Phelps OYO
(I think next time, I’ll throw in some nose pickers — or maybe some butt smackers. LOL)
Grabbed 2 coupons from the secret hiding place and proceeded to carry them down to the covered sidewalks in front of Cherokee North.
Divided into 2 teams (aptly named Team A and Team B, because I’m so creative).
- One team would focus on doing as many reps as possible of the designated HIIT exercise with a coupon
- Only 1 member of the team could perform HIIT exercise while others did the “secondary” exercise
- Team members could rotate in/out who performed the HIIT exercise in any fashion
- Total reps of the HIIT exercise for the team were reported on the whiteboard
- Other team had to complete three “laps” (by 3 different people) with their coupon on the longer covered sidewalk
- Rifle carry down and back
- Right-hand farmer carry down, left-hand farmer carry back
- Lunge 1/2 down, Bernie Sanders back
- Remaining team members performed any combination of the following 3 exercises:
- Little baby arm circles
- Overhead claps
- Once this team completed its laps and returned to the other group, exercises halted, reps were recorded, and teams “flip-flopped”
- After the flip, the round ended
- HIIT exercise: chest press with coupon
- secondary exercise: Imperial walkers
- HIIT exercise: shoulder press with coupon
- secondary exercise: Hillbilly walkers
- HIIT exercise: squat with coupon
- secondary exercise: LBCs
Team B was ahead after the 1st 2 rounds, but Team A had a very strong 3rd round, and finished just ahead of Team B for total reps.
Grabbed the coupons and returned them to SHP and met back at flag for COT.
Reminder: need teams to help with Speed for Need races in early April! Talk to Sooorie if interested.
Also, great to see some of the “Radio Silence regulars” out at the Armory — you’re well on your way to becoming “The Armory regulars”! Plus, I got to meet Chicken Fried! As P-Body would say: “it was pretty AWESOME!”