Warm-o-Rama: Quick mosey to the back of the clubhouse, with coupon in hand. Circled up to get the Thang started.
The Thang: YHC compiled the voices of the 80s, 90s and early 2000s for Volume 2 of our musical beatdown. Each song had a key word which required a specific exercise to be performed with a second workout performed in between key words. What we have learned is that the musical voices of our generations like to repeat words…. a lot.
1. “I like to move it” by Nicola Fasano – Every time “Move it” is mentioned, we performed a star jump. Side straddle hops performed in between.
2. “The Squat Song” by BODYWORX: Followed the instructions mentioned in the song to squat and jump. Performed this with coupon
3. “U Can’t Touch This” MC Hammer: On our 6. Every time he says “Can’t touch this” V sit-ups. In between, perform freddy mercuries
4. “Never gonna give you up” Rick Astley: Burpee every time Rick Astley says
5. “Never”. Imperial storm troopers in between
6. “Chainsaw” Family Force 5: Plank hold throughout, whenever “chainsaw” is said, alternating dumbbell rows performed on each side with coupon
7. “Push it” Salt-N-Pepa : Every time “Push it” is said, perform kettlebell swings, curls performed in between.
8. “Take it to Da house” Trick Daddy: Shoulder taps in between, when “get down” is said, we do an alternating coupon merkin.
9. “I’m Too Sexy” Right Said Fred: J-Los the entire time until “Sexy” is mentioned. When “Sexy” is said, perform boxcutters.
10. “Tootsee Roll” 69 Boyz: bear crawl position every time “tootsie roll” is said, alternate rolling left and right, when they give directions, we bear crawl based on direction. When the words “slide”, “dip”, or “whoop”, we perform Mike Tysons
YHC had another song ready for the beatdown, but was running out of time to perform a cool down set of recovery stretches for the remaining time while listening to a song that brought us some time for reflection.
“God Bless the U.S.A” Lee Greenwood
C.O.T: Prayers for Baby Ruth for Mom going through cancer and son for recovery for back injury. Prayers for Brainfart with the preparation for the sale of their home. Prayers for our country and our communities.