There is was a little Q sheet mishap that led to Surf ‘n Turf mistakenly being signed up to Q, but it was his 2.0’s birthday and he needed to be at home, so YHC gladly stepped up to Q. I thought it would be a good time to give a preview of this Summer’s Monkey Humper Wednesdays, hosted by C4 and YHC.
A little mosey around the parking lot led us to the front of the stadium for the Warm-o-Rama:
- Imperial Walkers
- Weed Pickers
- Sun Gods
- Michael Phelps
YHC kicked off the beatdown with the Kodiak classic, Route 66. Since it’s May, we did hand-release Mercans (spelling for C4) at each light pole. Carmen groaned at this one and I told him it would be over quickly. I think this only took 6-7 minutes, see problem solved! New problem: there’s 35 minutes left.
Moseyed to front of the school to the benches for bench suicides:
- Group 1: 10 Derkins and 10 Copperhead Bulgarian Split Squats (Kodiak count), run to the nearest curb and back
- Group 2: 10 Merkins and 10 Reverse Lunges (Kodiak count), run to the far curb and back
- Group 3: 10 Incline Merkins and 20 Monkey Humpers, run to the road and back
Plank for the 6, rinse and repeat, but double the reps for all Merkins. Much complaining ensued… “We’re not all doing the merkin challenge!” It’s May, suck it up!
Short, Short, Long
Time for one of C4’s favorite Happy Jack routines, modified to fit the layout at the Kodiak. We moseyed to the large oval parking lot in front of the high school.
- 10 Merkins, run to the 1st light pole and back
- 20 Monkey Humpers, run to 2nd light pole and back
- 30 Big Bois, run full lap (~1/3 mile)
More grumbling… I gave the PAX the option to pick which one to repeat. They couldn’t chose, so we did the Bench Suicides one more time but modified the 3 round to use the big lap from Short, Short, Long.
We closed out with a decent length Indian Run down around the Middle School and joined up with the 0.0 DL group for some Mary.
Naked Man Moleskin: Legionairre wants another shot at the Vodka Ruck.