Today is YHC’s 30th birthday and there is no better place to spend the morning of your birthday than the League. No crazy twists or rules today. Just straight-up Ultimate Frisbee with sidelines all the way around.
8-Bit was a true HIM and brought out a 40lb sandbag even though he couldn’t stay for UF due to work conflicts. I set up 2 cones 30 yards apart from each other and placed the sandbag in the center. Each time a team scored, the opposing team threw the sandbag towards their cone. The first team to get it past their cone was awarded 2 points.
Team 2 (Dowry, High Tops, Show Pony, Spit Valve, Pony Boy, El Baño, Myrtle, Chazz, Jorts, and YHC) took the W. The only reason it was close was because Team 1 kept getting to throw the sandbag.
All in all, the weather was beautiful and the numbers were perfect. Hard to beat a morning like that at the League.
- High Tops wins MVP yet again.
- Missing El Baño and O’Doul on the PAX list but they were there.
- Wild Thing may have lost a step or two. Baby weight? Maybe that extra weight helped with his sandbag throwing.
- Festiva was a true father today. “I’m not mad, I’m just disappointed”
- O’Doul….. out of bounds, man.
- Everybody learned that Jorts is not a late-round pick. Think he scored 4 times.
- The High Tops, Baño, Show Pony, YHC ladder was too much fun.
- Brimstone had some questionable playlist choices but anything is better than Westside’s orange theory dance jams
- Fuzzy?… Good Hands brought the cleats
- Pulte? The old “alarm didn’t go off…” excuse
- As for the sandbag tossing: Pony Boy & Spit Valve struggled while Westside, Hass, and Wild Thing shined.