Just had to break things up a bit. Some days we run, and keep running, and running, at the Happy Jack. Others, well there will be burpees!
Number of Pax: 8
Pax Names: Yogi, C4, TitleMax, Earhart, Legionnaire, Matchstick, Gandhi, Floppy
Warm-O-Rama: 0530 Mosey
We headed up to the top parking lot where the fun would ensue
First circle up, and as Legionnaire pointed out, start with SSH, don't we always?
Then a round of stretching a-la-Quagmire-ish, had to get ready for the big race!
The Thang: Thang 1:
The Inaugural Happy Jack Burpee 1K
- It is 250M around the top parking lot
- Start with 10 Burpees, run a lap, rinse, repeat 4x
4 laps = 1K Total
Burpees in between each lap = 50 Burpees Total
Then we Skedaddled around the Happy Jack Track down to the football field
40-Yard Dashes with 10/20/30 Exercises
- Idea here was to get in some speed work and more exercises
- 10 Merkins, Sprint 40 Yards, 20 Flutter Kicks, Mosey Back, 30 Squats
- Rinse and repeat 5 times. We only did 3. Suddenly feels like time is flying by.
- Don't know what YHC was thinking, this just wasn't working for me
Let's move on. We Vamoosed around the Happy Jack Track to the base of Easy Mountain
Easy Mountain 50's
- 10 LBC's at the bottom, 40 Merkins at the top
- Then 20/30, 30/20 and 40/10 LBC's/Merkins
- Would have made for 4 trips up Easy Mountain
- We stopped short after 30/20 to finish on time
Then we Hightailed it on down through the parking lot (hi Fia!) back to the flag
Enough time for a little Mary, wrapped up by 4 full rounds of Happy Jacks
F3 Cherokee guys headed down to Dory's place, careful with the Axe Throwing!
So many sick kids right now, Flu, Strep, Sinus Infections, Yuck!
Yokel's daughter Marly as she recovers from heart procedure
All our F3 bro's on the DL right now
Naked Man Moleskin: The Happy Jack is where it's at! We had 2 NEW Happy Jackers today, Matchstick and Gandhi. Great WORK men! Everyone else, I dare you, give Happy Jack a shot. It will beat. you. down.