Everybody was K’ung Fu Fighting!
Number of Pax: 15
Pax Names: Escort, Donner Party, Misty, Cricket, Quagmire, Woody, Banjo, Dory, Doubfire, Bloomers, Chitwood, Tie Dye, Graffiti, Miyagi
Number of FNGs: 1
FNG Names: THE Package
Warm-O-Rama: After a short mosey to the catchy tune of 'Everybody was Kung Fu Fighting', we started out with 15 SSH, followed by 15 Imperial Walkers, 10 Abe Vigodas and some Michael Phelps OYO. We also took a moment to introduce some variations of the exercises included in the workout, as it was going to be a slight 'martial arts' progression.
The Thang: The Pax then moved over to the makeshift Shaolin Temple, where we progressed from White Belt to Black Belt with the following:
- 10 Curtsy Squats with Kodiak Count
- 50 LBCs OYO
-10 Burpees OYO
- Lunge Blocks (protect the head!) out to the next island and sprint back
- 15 Punching Copperheads IC (Kodiak Count)
- 15 Flutter Kicks OYO (Kodiak Count)
- 10 Dive Bombers OYO
-Lunge Punches (strike the solar plexus) out to the next island and sprint back
- 15 Back Squats IC (Kodiak Count)
- 15 Boxcutters OYO
- 10 each side of 'Shaolin' Alligators (variant of Alligator Crawls)
- Lunge Kicks (the crushing blow) out to the next island and sprint back
Finally, the 'class' made it to their Black Belt test:
- 15 each side of Curtsy Squats with a kick IC (Kodiak Count)
- 15 'Toes Up' (aka hip lifts?) OYO
- 20 Mer 'Nukins (alternating between one merkin and one nukin)
- Lunge with combination of block, punch then kick out to the next island, and sprint back.
We had time for one more round, so Site Q Dory opted to repeat the Green Belt section (he liked the dive bombers).
Barely made it back to the (fallen - my bad) flag (sorry about that), so we all shared in an extra 10 burpees.
COT: Had some great announcements about 3rd F and getting men connected to a Bible study, and Quagmire invited everyone out to Macedonia ES Thursday mornings for the Safari, a great post for those on the DL, Kotters, or others in need of an optional workout. Apologies to Bloomers as I forgot to include his M (traveling for the next 10 days) and the strength and patience to not be too hard on his 6th grader in her stead during the prayer.
Naked Man Moleskin: YHC was humbled by the support of the Pax on the VQ. There have been so many excellent models of all of the F3 principles that YHC has been exposed to in the last three months, and it was an honor to, in some way, serve all of you. Thank you! Now that you're all 'Black Belts', the next Q could be a Master Level training.
Remember, also, the wisdom of Hebrews 12:11 No discipline seem pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.