Once again, you just can’t make up what happens at the Wednesday Night Special!
QIC: Gut Check
Number of Pax: 7
Pax Names: Hooch, Gut Check, 8-Bit, Ralphie, Squirtle
Number of FNGs: 2
FNG Names: Town and Country, Shutters
Warm-O-Rama: 1. This is a ruck. We ruck. Coupons were promised. YHC whipped out a free dozen Krispy Kreme coupon. And all the "taperers" thought I was bringing the heavy stuff! Okay, so we did take a 40lb sandbag too.
The Thang: 2. Set out for KK on the Noonday Creek trail. Discussed the Legend of the Wizard of Woodstock with 8-Bit. He was certain strange things are afoot on the Greenprints Trails.
3. Much discussion of how dark it really gets on those trails and how easy it would be to live down there...
4. Who's this crazy fool with a backpack walking towards us? Is he rucking? What the heck? What's up? What are y'all doing? Rucking! Me too! What? Don't walk away! Join us!
5. We meet Town and Country on the Noonday Creek Trail in the pitch black night and invite him to hot the Krispy Kreme with us. He and Ralphie are instant besties. Talking guns and guns and guns. In that order.
6. We roll up hard on the the KK! YHC procures he donuts and we get some serious stares from the locals. Maybe we should leave our sandbag outside next time. And 8-Bit too.
7. Squirtle can put away a donut or two. But he always saves some on his shirt for later! Shutters, who was still Bradley at that time, has ice in his veins and rolls hard for a first timer with a man bun! Oh wait, that's just his bright blue water bottle!
8. Tour de Woodstock. We take a lot of our Hamlet for granted. Ralphie and crew did a great job sharing some of the highlights of our town with our new rucking friend! Explaining the tiny red door on the Dwarf House was fun!
9. Trying to explain all the pomp and circumstance of F3 to noobs you meet is hella fun! Especially when you start naming them!
COT: 10. COT was a week ago. And a GROWRUCK ago. We named and prayed! Oh and we introduced our new friend to Waffle House, Krispy Kreme, and Sweet Tea in the same night! Welcome to the South!
Naked Man Moleskin: And one to to GROW on... Don't taper quite yet for GROWRUCK! You miss the good stuff!