With GROWRUCK in the rear view, we move ahead with a laser focus on form. So it was back to basics today. Cheers men!
Number of Pax: 5
Pax Names: Dixie Chick, Floppy, Legionnaire, Aisle 7, Earhart
Warm-O-Rama: Windmill, Weedpickers, Sungods, Michael Phelps
The Thang: (1) Drill Instructor: on my call, ON YOUR FACE (high plank), ON YOUR SIX (with feet up 6"), ON YOUR FEET. About 3 minutes worth. Then mosey to the rec field.
(2) Belching: PAX lined up across the starting line ready to advance to the target. PAX sprinted to the first marker then dove on their bellies to avoid enemy fire. On "GO" we advanced to the next marker and dove. We made it to our target after advancing and diving through 5 markers. We completed 20 merkins and 10 flutter kicks together. We repeated this back to the starting point where we concluded the round with 20 merkins and 10 flutter kicks. Rinse and Repeat for 3 rounds. Mosey to the side parking lot.
(3) Bearmuda triangle: Bearcrawl from cone 1 to cone 2. Complete 1 burpee. Bearcrawl from cone 2 to cone 3. Complete two burpees. Bearcrawl from cone 3 to cone 1. Complete three burpees. Rinse and repeat. Mosey to the drop-off area of the main parking lot.
(4) 4x4 Merkin/Run: Complete 1 4x4 merkin and run a lap around the racetrack. Rinse and repeat for 3 rounds. Mosey back to the Bearmuda Triangle (they thought I forgot round 3 . . . maybe I did).
(5) Final round of Bearmuda Triangle--same as above with double the burpees. 2, 4, 6. Mosey back to drop-off area.
(6) PAX took turns setting the pace for a lap. We were all feeling it pretty bad at this point so we had some manageable paces--until Floppy took over. He gave us two sprints in our final lap.
Back to flag for Mary---a few Happy Jacks to celebrate THJ anniversary week.
COT: Praise God for Dasha's positive adjustments after the move from Michigan; Mental healing and spiritual growth for Floppy's neighbor; healing and recovery for Floppy's neighbor's son; Thanks for GROWRUCKers completing the drill.
Naked Man Moleskin: I appreciate our brothers who participated in GROWRUCK encouraging us to focus on our form. Grylls killed us at THL. I had no idea how much I was cheating on squats and lunges. Way to push men!